These issues can appear if you are using a Bluetooth device while connected to a metered connection on the Windows 10 operating system. You will see the Bluetooth manager if you are trying to connect to the Bluetooth device that prompts with the message announcing “Setup incomplete because of a metered connection.” This kind of difficulty will stop you from using any of the Bluetooth devices.
What is the source of setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer?
There are incorrect settings visible in the devices section that will not enable the Windows to download the HP drivers while on a metered connection.
If your HP printer setup unfinished because of a metered connection, then all is due to Windows Update because Windows updates reset the settings.
Steps to fix windows 10 metered connection missing?
Following, we are going to discuss several techniques to fix setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer error:
Technique 1: Change the settings
For this technique, you require to follow the steps given below:
- Hold on the “Windows” key and then tap on the “I” button.
- After you see the settings window, tap on the “Devices” option.
- Then choose “Bluetooth & other devices” from the left window.
- Check the option that marked as “Download over metered connections.”
- At last, follow the instructions mentioned on the “windows 10 metered connection missing” window.
Technique 2: Changing the Wi-Fi Status
You change the Wi-Fi status to fix this issue. For this, you have switched the status to regular Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth devices will quickly get connected, and then you can set the Wi-Fi status back to the “Metered connection.” Following the steps, we are going to discuss that you require while using this technique:
- First, you need to hold the Windows key and then tap on the “I” option.
- If you recognize the “Settings” window, then choose the “Network & Internet” option.
- Next, you have to tap on the “Change connection properties” option.
- After this, tap on the “Toggle switch” under the “Set as metered connection” in the next step.
- This option will toggle off the choice, and your network will no longer a metered connection.
- At last, try to connect the Bluetooth devices and make sure they connect correctly.
After all these techniques, there are chances to resolve the problem of setup incomplete because of a metered connection printer. But if you are still unable to deal with the error, then it is strongly advised to visit the official HP Printer Setup website, or you can visit 123.hp.com/setup to receive professional and quality assistance from the technical experts.
- HP Customer Support Problems and it’s Solution
- Steps to use HP Office Jet Pro K550dtwn Printer for wireless communication
- Steps to Troubleshoot the HP Printer Stuck on the deleting issue
- Steps to fix setup incomplete because of metered connection error
- Steps to repair HP Color Printer ‘Unable to print in color, after installing the UPD’ error